Humboldt Collegiate's Vision
Our school promotes the pursuit of excellence in an environment that encourages life-long learning and respect for self and others.
The vision of high standards and quality education is a legacy that continues, for all students who attend Humboldt Collegiate Institute.
School Community Council
Every school in Saskatchewan has a School Community Council (SCC) to give the community a voice in local education.
For more information, please view:
HCI Student Handbook
HCI Common Assessment Terminology
Joint Operations Committee
The Joint Operations Committee oversees the partnership aspects of Humboldt Collegiate Institute between Horizon School Division and St. Paul's Greater Saskatoon Catholic School Division.
For more information on the JOC, please see the Horizon School Division Board of Education Board Policy and search 'committees.'
After the provincial government created a high school district in Humboldt, the original Humboldt Collegiate opened in 1913. It was not until September 29, 1955 that a new Collegiate building was opened, complete with a gymnasium. At this time there were 180 students enrolled and 8 staff members.
Due to increasing enrolments, several additions and renovations followed. In 1963 the 'west wing' was added, followed by three additional classrooms in 1968. In 1974 a new gymnasium, library, commercial area, Industrial Arts, Home Economics, and theatre were added. The theatre was named after S.M. Sutherland, a former school board member.
In 1999, construction began on the joint use facility for Humboldt Collegiate and Carlton Trail Regional College. Completed in the spring of 2000, this included a completely renovated west wing and chemistry lab for use by students of Humboldt Collegiate.
In September 2008 the Minister of Education announced the construction of a completely new building to house Humboldt Collegiate Institute. The new location for the school would be adjoined to the Humboldt Uniplex. Carlton Trail Regional College would also accompany Humboldt Collegiate Institute in the move. The new Humboldt Collegiate Institute was completed and classes began February 1, 2012, followed by the official grand opening in April 2012.